How is a console command "not officially accessible"

Perhaps you meant "not user-friendly". Left4Dead includes a
fully-functional and "official" server browser which is no restricted in
any way. As far as I know it has been there since day dot. Perhaps next
time you say VALVe has done a shit job you should think about what it is
you are writing about.

Back on topic however, something such as sv_downloadurl should be
included and work as it does in other source games. From what I can see
most custom VPK's are between 10-30mb which isn't out of the ordinary
for some user-made maps for other games. The problem is deciding at what
point the user should download this. I agree with what an earlier poster
suggested and that is to automatically start the download when the user
joins a lobby and display the progress of that user's download (ala
Starcraft's Battle.net).

Shane Arnold            -       clontar...@iinet.net.au

"For want of a nail, the horseshoe was lost. For want of a horseshoe, the horse
was lost. For want of a horse, the messenger was lost. For want of a messenger,
the message was not delivered. For want of an undelivered message the war was
lost."