WOW, cry harder Supreet. If money is a problem for you may I suggest you get a
real job instead of glomming off of other people?! Destroying the reputation of
a company such as Valve by posting crap information to gamers and changing the
whole game experience is just bad for business. If Valve decides to remove the
motd functionality to keep people from tarnishing their image I know hundreds
of server owners that will stand behind them. I also find your comparison of
Valve to the Nazi's to be very offensive. Please refrain from such hate
mongering. You are not the victim here, the people that play the game and
Valves public image are.

Server rules... If they are to lengthy for a chat display they should be on a
separate webpage, so just display the url to your servers web page. Most game
host providers offer web space with the rental of a game server anyway.