Excuse me?  I will eh ... "make" maybe US$20 this month in "revenue" from
the non-video/banner ads I am running.  I've been doing dedicated servers
of one form or another since the HL1+WON days (pre-Y2k/pre-Steam).
 Definitely not in it for "the money".  The only reason I even started
looking at putting-in advertising is due to current employment situation
(or lack there-of).

Are there some people out there trying to make a "living" off hosting
servers - maybe.  But to infer ALL or even MOST? That is just utter
stupidity.

The way to kill off the real player-annoying stuff is to kill video dead,
while leaving HTML/images/banners/non-audio-animation in place.  In other
words, allow JPG's, and PNG's and GIF's, etc. but block all flash and java
- whether it is quick-play or not.

But, back to the ORIGINAL point of the thread (I think? was there one?),
having the community servers off by default in quick-play is probably not
helping the longevity of the game.  Players tend to get board with vanilla
quickly, but if there is some setting they have to go dig to find - they
are more likely to jump to some other game - rather than look it up.

IMH(f)O, "Play multiplayer" should be replaced with "Play Official
Servers", and "Servers" should be replaced with "Play Community Servers".

"So say we all"? or should it be "Hallowed are the Ori"?