Well, we know from experience just how good Valve is at keeping a lid on
things (case in point HL3) so I doubt they're going to acknowledge this in
any way unless they see fit to, not because we're disgruntled and asking
for information.

And for what it's worth, everyone (who's opinion on this list is worth a
damn) has thrown out the point that "we're the ones providing the servers
for Valve, we're the ones who give their players a place to play etc etc" -
but what I think is going unnoticed here is the fact that Valve is
obviously taking steps (and increasingly larger ones) to nullify that
argument in it's entirety.

Perhaps it's time to examine the possibility that Valve is very
purposefully forcing community run servers into the minority because
they're straight tired of having to play code-counter-code withe people
like the fuckjobs who programmed plugins to force ads down players throats
and other like-minded stains.

We've got the binaries on both ends, and Valve knows this. It's virtually
impossible to stop people from being fuckjobs with access to both binaries,
so let [Valve] just diminish the footprint the fuckjobs get access by about
90% by forcing people into the servers we can afford to run now that we've
monetized TF2.

If I was Valve and I made this decision, I wouldn't give a piss whether
people who run servers are upset by this or threaten to pull their servers
offline because of this decision, because that's the direction I wanted to
force you in anyway.

Just a thought.