To be honest, I doubt any of us are going to get responses. I myself as
have others have tried to bring this to the community's attention via
Reddit. While support has been there, it has been too weak to bring about
any major action.

People who post about this on the new steam based forums for TF2 usually
get shot down by certain players who love the change, merely because they
worship Valve.

My community is in limbo at the moment since we were never big enough to
weather this storm. I am waiting for KF2 to change our fortunes.

I'm quite sure hosting CS:GO would suffer the same fate and L4D never
seemed popular enough or team/community based enough to actually garner
enough new members.

While I don't myself want to let this die, I feel we need a change of
direction. It would be better to start some form of petition and deliver it
to Valve rather than get upset over the mailing list.