> No one is saying the majority did cheat. But if an actual fair test were
> to take place, no cheating is something that has to happen.

The top servers on gametracker were nearly all legitimate and all community
servers. Official servers were not even in the top 100. Even with the
presence of cheating, it would have been expected that some official ones
would be in the top 100. The cheating drains players from all servers
equally so it does not render the test invalid.

You keep saying that everyone isn't being nice to the TF2 team. This wasn't
always the case. It came about after we got repeatedly screwed update after
update with almost 0 effort spent to try to reverse the massive player loss
that resulted from these anti-community changes. And the stonewalling.
Don't blame us for having a perfectly reasonable reaction to the reason
they behave.

I love how you consider me having an agenda against community servers and
> I'm unsure how you can know that I don't run a server. I run a small server
> that is running stock vanilla. The maps are different, but I don't have any
> of the crazy stuff.

You are obviously not invested at all in your server. If you just had a
plain server, the quickplay change likely had 0 effect on you. 50% of 0 is
still 0.

Point is, we've found many anti-community people on this mailing list to
have bad reasons for being here. No one who actually has a TF2 community
thinks these changes are any good. The average TF2 player would not bother
to find an obscure mailing list to keep encouraging Valve to screw over
community servers.

One prime example is Dan "NeedAxeo". Prior to being outed, this guy loved
to complain about how shitty community servers really were, and people
found out that he had hosted his server on a dirt cheap $5 vps and then
blamed his failure on every community cheating because they couldn't
possibly be better than his. And this presumably led to his 3 year crusade
against community servers on the here even though he had stopped playing
TF2 years ago. Other such cases involved people who were punished by Valve
such as elitepowered. I could go on and on but I really don't want to spend
hours digging up examples and I doubt you would change your mind if I
listed more of them.

Most of the games enjoyment is in the first 10 mins. of playing that game.
> For some, more. For others, less. But it averages around 10 mins. to decide
> to keep playing it or not. You lost a customer. Someone who may have bought
> keys or stamps or items or whatever because you exposed them to servers
> that were wildly off the beaten path of vanilla.

I am sure Valve can figure out a proper solution without betraying a large
portion of their players that prefer community servers. As mentioned
multiple times for a long time now, have official servers be the default
for a few hours then automatically switch it to community. It is that
simple.