That's not actually a big percentage of the servers, gametracker posts ~38k servers, that's just servers opting into queries, we can guess there's probably another 5k not allowing queries. (eg. ESEA)

So it's literally less than 1% of servers that got banned, and to compound that, a lot of server hosts aren't subscribed to this list. So 500 servers out of probably 40-45k total servers is actually pretty decent.