On 6/24/22 12:54, Tohru Adachi wrote:
It doesn't seem like it. The disconnect buffer being sent from server -> client was read then dropped/overridden on the client's end prior to this update. I was under the impression that this was a client-controlled var due to how the original update that changed this functionality was implemented.

I'd have expected this to be prefixed with sv_ if it were a server-controlled variable or a more verbal description appended to the convar, so it did throw me a bit.

Oh I agree, but given server hosts have probably set it already, would be kinda :/ to change it at this point.

(nice domain by the way, frogs are cool)

They are ribbiting! I like the .tf too :-)

- Joshie 🐸✨

          -----
5DE7 65CE F99A B8FB 62A3
6613 A792 D15F DA9E F531

-------- Original Message --------
From: Joshua Ashton [mailto:jos...@froggi.es]
Sent: Friday, June 24, 2022, 1:45 PM
To: hlds@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: [hlds] Mandatory Team Fortress 2 update released

On 6/24/22 12:41, Tohru Adachi wrote:
I was under the impression that the default value of 0 was to preserve
the behaviour from a previous update.

My previous question still stands, shouldn't this be a replicated var?
Valve servers keep it at 0 and retain the behaviour up to now,
community server ops can set it to 1 at their discretion and can have
kicks/bans/disconnects working as originally intended.

Replicated vars wouldn't work for this because a server could have this
set and reject a client well before replicating vars across and the
message would not get through.

The correct solution is to just have it do nothing on the client, which
is the intention all along.

- Joshie 🐸✨

           -----
5DE7 65CE F99A B8FB 62A3