----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Wow - way to welcome someone to the linux world... If you did some reading
you could answer his questions... as I will now.

1 - its in the correct directory. Always create a user and put the files in
their home dir, as you said you did. "Everything is installed in a directory
in the home folder of an account i made for it"

2 - ./hlds_run +sv_lan 0 -game <whatevermod> -autoupdate +ip x.x.x.x (the
full command line options can be found at any good cstrike site usually.

3 - just some rate tweaking usually depending upon your connection.

I would start here -
http://server.counter-strike.net/server.php?cmd=howto&show=linux as this
will help you out with all the questions you asked.

Oh yeah - welcome to the hlds_linux mailing list. :)