On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 10:56, Chris Green <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I don't think every option supports the +## syntax. All _do_ support embedded
> ## though. I'd try dropping most of those and letting the port search work,
> or using a syntax like +tv_port 230##.
>> The idea was to sort of align the ports, not that I really care about
>> any of them besides the game port or netcon port.  (netcon is 28029+##
>> instead of 28030 because the parent opens one up, too.)  But, this
>> failed because the server running on 27030 doesn't end up with 28030
>> for netcon, for example.  Which server got which port for netcon
>> seemed random.  Any input on this?  If this is just how the server
>> acts right now, could this be fixed up so it acts as hoped?

Embedding the ##s works, but then there's a loss of control over the
exact ports used.  I actually expected that if I did, for example,
+hostport 270## and -netconport 280## they'd misalign because of the
parent netcon, but 27000 didn't get used as a game port.

I did try +hostname "Foo L4D server #00+##" before but it failed.  All
the servers ended up with just "Foo" for a hostname.  It would be nice
if the ## syntax were extended so if you ever have digits followed by
+## it'd work.

Another small issue is that on the parent's netcon, if you enter
commands without first giving the password, it doesn't give you the
usual "give me the pass, stupid" reply.

Finally, there's something a little screwy with the child IDs.  This
might just be an off by one error somewhere.  I had given a shutdown
command then saw this:

status
#status
child 0
child 1
<snip>
child 9
child 10
 pid : 10
 map : l4d_dem_hospital02_subway
 numplayers : 6
child 11
child 12
child 13
 pid : 13
 map : l4d_dem_hospital02_subway
 numplayers : 4
child 14
child 15
#end
Child 14 aborted with signal 14
status
#status
child 0
<snip>
child 10
 pid : 10
 map : l4d_dem_hospital02_subway
 numplayers : 5
child 11
<snip>
#end

The first status says only children 10 and 13 are still up, then
there's the message "Child 14 aborted with signal 14," and then only
child 10 is up.

-Fyren