Alright that seems fair. Forgot for a second there that a lot of server hosters
like to completely rig the servers with the most ridiculous plugins.

Saint K.
From: hlds_linux-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com
[hlds_linux-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com] On Behalf Of Peter Reinhold
[peter_va...@reinhold.dk]
Sent: 12 July 2011 13:15
To: Half-Life dedicated Linux server mailing list
Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] TF2 servers staying empty

On Tue, 12 Jul 2011 12:36:54 +0200, Emil Larsson wrote:

> With the amount of servers with their own wacky set of nonstandard
> gameplay
> modifiyng mods, such as "premium", "roll the dice", etc, I actually
> understand why the system bias towards Valve servers. Same reason why

This!

As a new, and even as a regular player, entering servers with
completely arbitrary and gamebreaking rules can be a bit of a shock.

I dont mind matchmaking trending towards Valves servers, the people
that stay are eventually going to crave more of their servers, and will
look for a well-moderated community based one.

And ofcourse, if there are 10 servers for every 24 players, some will
be empty, thats just simple math. :)

/Peter