You're right, I'm talking events where admins take wagers from the
participants (most often scrap up to a reclaimed per participant, only
sometimes more, but everybody pays up the same per event) or donated by one of
the ppl on the server. The winner
(highest/furthest jumper/last survivor etc) of it gets all of it. (nope, no cut
for the admins).

We sponsor them, we take wagers for them, or let someone donate to host a
 event. ASBO even did unusuals as winnings for it with multiple events
to find a winner to it.

Things like mass spycrabbing with 30 ppl, high jumping as
soldier/demo/engineer, pyro fighting with the powerjacks etc. Search on
Youtube for ASBOgaming events, think you then get quick idea of how this
 kind of "events" go.

That along the way also some normal trading happens, sure.

But I hope you understand now why fast trading is required for it. For wager
events require all participants to trade the wager to the admin.

Prophunt, VSH etc I would call more a gametype (like payload, CTF, Arena, etc),
as it doesn't really need a admin orchestrating it. There servers out there
that do that 24/7 without intervention. I do understand that you created a
public for your server(s) to organize such plays, nice, for that makes a
regular crowd and knowing each cross gametypes etc.