well, this will be the end for event servers, for the admins simply are not
going to spend 2-3 minutes or more per person to take on the wagers for a
event, a 20 person event can will take in preparations more then 40 minutes.

at least in-game trading was fast. Allowed quick switching to the game without
crashing (with the steam overlay, crashing the steam overlay) The steam trading
is simply too slow for this, for every time it needs to download for the
browser all the info, pictures etc, while in-game this is all already available
in the game. In such long timeframe crashes/disconnects of people and admins
become a much bigger issue.

Our event server is empty, also ASBO's servers, EE's too I read, not sure on
OBC's server, or others.

Simply having a option for very fast trading within a 20-30 second frame is
required for this. Steam trading just takes a minute or more to load, and fails
over half the time to initialise.

Also, as a argument, any game that has trading, has internal trading options.
Having extra a external one is not always there. I find it quite strange tho
kill off the internal trading in favor of a external one.