I've been lately using quickplay search on TF2 to see what kind of servers i end up to. Up to this day, i've been at 40-50 servers from which 5 area using instant spawn or fast spawn. Maybe it's time to do another purge?

-ics

16.2.2012 20:38, Fletcher Dunn kirjoitti:
We just want the data in the packet to be the same data that the Steam
libraries would send.  If you need to put a cache in front of the pings to
protect your server, that's fine.

-----Original Message-----
From: hlds_linux-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com
[mailto:hlds_linux-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com] On Behalf Of lwf
Sent: Thursday, February 16, 2012 10:29 AM
To: Half-Life dedicated Linux server mailing list
Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] The policy of truth is still in effect

Does this forbid the use a cache, like the one mentioned here?

http://wiki.alliedmods.net/SRCDS_Hardening#A2S_INFO_Spam

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 21:08, Fletcher Dunn<fletch...@valvesoftware.com>
wrote:
Yesterday the Team Fortress team took further action pursuant to the "policy of
truth" that was announced in December of last year.  We delisted some servers that
were reporting inaccurate information in server-browser-related communications.

Our goals are for players to be able to find the server they are looking for
quickly and easily, and for server operators to compete solely on the basis of
the quality of the experience they provide.  Any plugins that modify server
browser communications (or modify the information contained in those packets)
are counter to those goals.

The following guidelines are self-evident:

*         All of the data you report to clients and to Steam must be accurate.

*         You must use the Source engine, using the steam libraries, to send
all server-browser-related communications.

*         Do not modify or manually send any packets to Steam.

* Do not modify or manually send any client ping replies. (Those that convey server browser info, player counts, etc.)

*         Do not to set any values that are sent in these communications
outside the legal range.

*         The data reported to the master server and to clients must match.

If you aren't running any plugins that do any of these sorts of things, you can
disregard this post.  If you are, please stop.  If you feel that you have a
real reason to make these modifications to your server, then communicate with
us and help us understand!  We'll try to work out a solution that fits
everybody's needs.

Thanks,
The Team Fortress Team