MOAR IMPORTANT FACTS!

The MvM in-game voting system restricts the options given to players to change
the map or mission.  Similarly, PvP voting restricts the options to what's in
your mapcycle file.

So...

To host a PvP server:

*         No MvM maps in the mapcycle file.

*         Set tf_mm_servermode 1 (or 0)

*         Boot the server on a PvP map in your map cycle.

To host an MvM server:

*         Make sure maxplayers is 32!

*         No PvP maps in the MvM mission cycle file.  (More details on this
file will follow.)

*         Set tf_mm_servermode 2 (or 0)

*         Boot the server on a MvM map in your map cycle.

If you do the above, the server will essentially be locked in either one mode
or the other, and players will not be able to switch.  (Barring any use of
rcon, etc.)