To: <hlds_linux@list.valvesoftware.com>
Sent: Monday, September 10, 2012 4:50 AM
Subject: [hlds_linux] Recommendations for SV_MinRate and SV_MaxRate for 32-player TF2 server?

Just doing some optimizing of my TF2 servers. I was wondering if anybody on here had any recommended settings for "sv_minrate" and "sv_maxrate" - specifically as it might apply to TF2 servers running greater than the Valve-default-limit of 24-players? I allow 32, and I do see a little bit of lag when the server loads-up with players. While that's going-on, network connectivity is fine (true network "pings" between 30ms and 100ms).

Until recently, having more than 24 players on my server was rare. So, I never really noticed that increased lag. But, now it's fairly packed a couple of nights a week. Not sure if there's really anything to be done with it, but maybe some sv_minrate/sv_maxrate tweaking might help a little?