Thanks for the info.  I did some testing with r_lod 0 and it seems to
have helped significantly, but there are still some spikes.  For the
most part, the gaps are gone or so small that they're not a big deal,
except for cases where it isn't really an issue, such as during a new
round team spawn.  Here are some screenshots of gameplay, respawn, and
new round: http://imgur.com/a/gHAKO

For anyone who has a good enough video card, my recommendation is to try
running with r_lod 0 to see if it helps.  If you do, report back with
your findings so I know I'm not just crazy.
For those with weaker video cards: play on maps where there aren't large
groups of players around corners, or learn to deal with being unable to
aim and unable to see enemies until this is patched!

To answer your question regarding processor affinity, no, they are not
limited to a single core.  The CPU load never goes above 25% even when
all the servers on the box are full, there's plenty of RAM left over,
and we're at about 10% of maximum bandwidth.  No issues with IOwait
either.  From the server standpoint, everything appears to be working
great with the exception of the occasional crash due to no free edicts.

Jake Forrester
Freelance Web Developer/Designer &
Joomla Enthusiast
e: j...@ranndesigns.com