True. But while players could disable html motd by just going to their options,
the same can't be applied to us, server administrators who now have our tasks
incleasingly difficulted. And we're not talking only about adverts, because
besides that motd is, or was, a powerful tool to display relevant content about
the server/game that was of interest to the players. So I leave here my honest
big displeasure at this change, and others, that make the lives of game
administrators unpleasant. Just a thought - for some reason thousands of
players play on our community hosted servers instead of the "neat and tidy"
servers from Valve. If we go away, everyone loses! It's never late to come
back, though...