You still can't store the dns record for the subdomain in the server browser, asshat.

Sent: Saturday, August 24, 2013 7:07 PM
Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] Add something to the game so that server ops can ban HWID too.

That's what a subdomain is sherlock.

On Sat, Aug 24, 2013 at 7:05 PM, Calvin Judy <evo...@gmail.com> wrote:

I don't think you understand what he means, he wants the server browser to store dns records so players can connect for example "server.mydomain.com"

The server browser automatically resolves the dns record, and stores the
ip.

----- Original Message ----- From: "ElitePowered ." <
elitepowe...@gmail.com>

valvesoftware.com <hlds_linux@list.valvesoftware.com>>
Sent: Saturday, August 24, 2013 7:01 PM

Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] Add something to the game so that server ops can
ban HWID too.

 You can just use subdomains.

On Sat, Aug 24, 2013 at 6:53 PM, Nomaan Ahmad <n0man....@gmail.com>
wrote:

 I agree with the domain suggestion.

On 24 August 2013 23:09, Robert Paulson <thepauls...@gmail.com> wrote:

> When is the whining about Pinion going to stop? Valve already made it
> so
> players who join through matchmaking cannot have forced ads. Since > they
> require 100% completion there's almost no chance of getting paid from
> quickplay players.
>
> I'd rather Valve focus on more important issues such as saving > servers
> by
> domain name.
>
> How many of you are stuck on old hardware or a host going down the >
toilet
> because changing IPs would kill off your population? How many of you > >
need
> DDoS protection but can't because proxying from a new IP would result
> in
> more player loss than a DDoS?
>
> This feature is applicable to every game that uses the browser, and >
would
> be beneficial to both players and server owners. This is what Valve
should
> be working on next.
>

> On Sat, Aug 24, 2013 at 1:31 PM, Mart-Jan Reeuwijk > <mreeu...@yahoo.com
> >wrote:
>

> > That would only work if that would be a form of tracking number > >
instead
> of
> > the HWID itself, for HWID's can be influenced, so if the hacker or > > >
> w/e
> > changes it, it should not have a big impact on tracability, > > multiple
> HWID's
> > would then be linked to a tracking ID, for they can attempt to
customize
> > MAC addresses, reinstallation with different OS's, adjusting driver
> > versions etc, or w/e the combination of things is they use for
> generating a
> > HWID.
> >
> > Tbh, its a lot of work for some Valve themselves doesn't see much
benefit
> > from.
> >
> > Maybe the discussion would have to be focused on the advantages for
Valve
> > to implement it, in their user experiences and the monetary ROI. > > > >
(apart
> > from the whining of us about alts being a problem, for I rather see
> > the
> > pinion crap end.)

> > >Sent: Saturday, 24 August 2013, 13:50
> > >Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] Add something to the game so that server
> > >ops
> > can ban HWID too.
> > >

> > >As long as Valve stores the HWID for each SteamID then they could > > > >
> >make
> > that
> > >available as a banning mechanism to server ops without exposing > > >it.
They