On 15/11/2013 03:56, ElitePowered . wrote:
So how come Lotus doesn't fill up all it's servers when it has close to the
same network performance as you do?

Ping is a quality to each client, not a feature of the server.

That said IIRC Fletcher once said rather than measuring ping
they guessed it (Remind me of what that handbook was saying again...)

So unless they fixed that, actual ping doesn't mean a great deal either.

I imagine they don't qualify for quickplay because either their server is full (with people joining from other methods)
or they have bots.

Just as likely, most of the people that use quickplay are like people who called themselves fred.bloggs on the internet,
they are aged 8-12 and have not played a lot of TF2.

Ergo they are new, ergo they are more likely to get sent to Valve's servers if they use quickplay
and some of yours if/when those fill up.

But I suppose Valve will have stats to show this for sure soon.

Player latency does in fact play a roll in determining where they are sent
but there has to be an outside factor in play. There are thousands of
servers for TF2, not each one is filled completely. So your point is
invalid.

Well, obviously not, there are more server slots than players.

The score used for quickplay has never been revealed.

The only thing that existed was, IIRC, the trend and the speed of that trend
"You're going downhill fast" kind of thing although not in those exact words.
--
Dan