That old scoring system was only used to automatically delist servers. It
does not get you more players from quickplay. Valve has said that many
times already.

It doesn't take much effort to figure out that the quickplay scoring system
is dominated by ping. There is a server quality score aside from this that
is scored by the backend, but it only accounts for ~8% of the quickplay
score. It looks arbitrary to me and even our most popular servers don't
have a high score there.

Also I think the past couple of days when Steam went down and dropped
players for "Invalid Steam UserID Ticket" has negatively impacted server
scores.