On Feb 19, 2015, at 3:52 AM, Mikael Abrahamsson <swm...@swm.pp.se> wrote:
> For instance the security work now being done on HNCP. Does ISIS already
> offer the same functionality? I can't evaluate security very well, I don't
> know how many active in this working group that can. I would rather use an
> already standardized mechanism for doing this.

IS-IS is a routing protocol, not a configuration protocol.   Its security needs
are completely orthogonal to what we are doing in homenet.   HNCP can probably
provide the tokens required to do IS-IS security, but IS-IS doesn't bring
anything to the table as far as homenet security is concerned.   This is
basically a red herring: Babel as far as I know doesn't bring anything to the
table either.