Hi,

On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 03:50:05PM +0100, Pierre Pfister wrote:
> Last point is that the routing protocol we will agree on will not
> be the last we?ll ever come-up with. Some other will be invented.
> [..] And
> maybe some day we will decide to move to another routing protocol
> because we made a mistake or a new better routing protocol was
> designed. We need to make sure that this transition will be possible.
> And I think having an independent routing protocol running today
> will make this transition easier.

I disagree with the "it needs to be totally open, extendable, flexible"
line of argument.

Homenet is something that needs to be implemented by *home* CPE vendors,
and interoperate between all those implementations.

Having too much options will make it look like IPSEC.  Nice standards, but
to get two different implementations interoperate, you need a diploma in
troubleshooting.

Gert Doering
        -- NetMaster

Tel: +49 (0)89/32356-444           USt-IdNr.: DE813185279