from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
I'm a strong advocate of having at least two horns to play on. A Chambers in
decent condition can be gotten for $500-600. Reynolds valves were so well
manufactured that a 30 year old horn shouldn't need more than the rotors fitted.
It will take care of all your big horn needs, and you'll have plenty left
over to get a small, agile, medium throat horn for the rest of your playing. I
have my Reynolds paired with a Paxman 42, and I'm set for anything. Both
horns together cost less than $3000, and the Paxman took most of it. The Reynolds
cost $457, new, in 1962

So, when are those times for "all your big horn needs"? Nobody in this town seems to have problems with their "small, agile, medium throat horn(s)."

Bob Marlatt
Boston MA