I believe my horn was custom made at the time but a similar horn is now
available from Alexander.  I was told it was made for Charles Kavalovski and
can be heard of a few of his recordings from several decades ago.  I am
about the fourth or fifth owner.

Yes, it has two thumb valves, one for stopping, and other for C.  As I
understand it, the horn is actually a horn that stands in C, and the C valve
is just an extra section of tubing, about the length of the first valve
slide, except that the horn stands the other way so that it plays as a Bb
horn without any valves held down.

The C valve is very useful, e.g., the note written G, concert middle C, is
"normally" played on a Bb horn with the first valve held down, however
because it is the major third in the overtone series, it is flat sounding in
many contexts.  I generally play this note by holding the C valve down by
itself, and often take the D's both above and below the same way.  I've also
found written first space F# sounds equally good taken 1-2 on the Bb horn or
just 2 on the C horn, and will use whichever fingering is handiest, e.g.,
G-F-E can be played a T, T2, 2 - pretty cool, if you ask me!

I've also found that the C horn sounds perfectly fine on the low G that's
two octaves lower - it's about the lowest note I can currently play, and I'm
happy to get it by blowing through as little tubing as possible.

I hope that answers your questions.  I play this horn simply because it
sounds _so_ good, even when played by a poor amateur like me, that I find it
difficult to take another horn out of the case when this one is available.

-S-