Hello Jonathan, hello Borje Lofblad,

If this ignorant bone & tuba guy comes again with some
fingering or else advice for your son, tell him FIRMLY he
should shut upo as this things were NOT HIS business.

Ridiculous.

The standard fingering (starting with written c1 (first
ledger line below staff) on the F-horn is  :
0-12-1-2-0-1-2-0-23-12 or 3-1-2-0  --- 2-0-2-0-1-2-0. That
is the span from c1 - g2, that´s covered by very young &
fresh players.
On the Bb-Horn it is for the same span:
0-23-12 or 3-1-2-0-12-1 or 13 (better on the F-side with 0)
-23-12 or 3-1-2-0-23-12 or 3-1-2-0 or better in tune with
1-2-0

THIS IS LAW. Anything else different is ov evil for a very
young player because too confusing.

Give the stubborn man B.S. - perhaps the best solution. Su