Steve F. writes:
> I am currently playing a Bb single horn with a C valve, and even without>
> having a double horn, there are still a myriad of fingering choices>
> available. As my teacher (and, no doubt, countless others) once observed,>
> the French Horn is one of the few instruments on which you can play the>
> right notes with the wrong fingerings and also play the wrong notes with the>
> right fingerings. Bringing some order to the potential chaos is a good> thing.
Steve,
I was sharing your comments with the Boise State University Horn Professor, Dr.
David Saunders.  We enjoyed the second to last sentence very much!  Dr.
Saunders would like to know more about your horn with the C valve.  Does it
have a thumb ascending valve?  Who made it?
Thank you for sharing!
Jennie