My horn, a Paxman model GT, is a CBA+ single horn with an F extension valve. Generally I play it in C all the time. Interestingly it makes the alternate fingerings for pitches below C (second space in the bass clef) more in tune than the Sansone fingerings for the B flat horn for the same pitches. Because the A+ valve can be set to a half step, it makes playing in 6 and 7 flats easy on the C horn, and 6 or 6 sharps easy on the B flat horn. Great for pit work. The sound has the same brightness as the B flat horn, but is easy to play on long endurance shows. Just finished a 30 show run of "Oliver" which consisted of two hours and ten minutes of playing plus a 15 minute intermission. Was able to survive even at my age (73). Regards.