Hans and other authoritis,

As a new comer on the french horn and a coach to my grand son I have some
silly questions.

One of my friends in the brass band where I play my cornet, advocates that
the standard fingering for both the Bb side and the F side is not the best
choice.

I have realised that he is not at at all correct in this statement, but it
is is next to impossible to argue with this man. I may add that he is no
originally  french horn player, but a good bone and tuba player.

I have also come to understand that the standard fingering is not always
that is a law, but nevertheless I believe my friend the bone player does not
really know what he is talking about.

I may add, that my friend has some funny ideas, that a good horn does not
need any fine tuning on the various slides, which of course are far too many
compared to a trumpet or cornet.

I beg you to accept my  English as an excuse for not delivering the proper
questions.

My grand son has a good teacher, so I rely of course on his advice, but I
can nat resist to setting my brass friend right on his very different
opinion.

Perhaps best to ignore his opinion all together.

Borje