Pablo d'Angelo wrote:
>  > It does not
>> matter much to me if the GSOC projects are brought now or when the
>> integration branch is finished.  I just don't want to lose track of
>> where the up to date changes are.
>
> To avoid delays and expose the new functionality earlier, I'd favor an
> early merge of the gsoc integration branch into the trunk. Once the
> remaining projects are ready for a merge, they can be merged into the
> trunk directly.

each project's circumstances are unique, waiting for all of them to be
ready for a big bang is IMO not very sensible.

let's release every time a bunch of features becomes somewhat usable /
integrated so to get more user feedback on the way to robustness.

specifically, the fast preview and the batch processor have already been
integrated in gsoc2008_integration, and will go into 0.8.0alpha1 if
nobody disagrees.

Celeste is next in line. Tim has been working hard hard lately with help
from Harry, trying to fix a weird behavior in OSX GUI.

for the last two projects I have not seen much from Fahim and Onur after
GSoC ended. The circumstances are different too.

Fahim / Masking in GUI: we need to think how it will fit in the overall
hugin process, while Fahim's project still need some fine tuning too
according to him.

Onur / Feature Matching is a quite complex project. the parts need to be
pulled together with Zoran's last year project. still a lot of work
before anything can be integrated.

Yuv