Hi Mac fans

One way to deal with exiftool problems is to not use exiftool.

Some time ago I put a patch on the hugin tracker that makes running
exiftool an option in the preferences tab.  I was told I couldn't
commit because it would introduce a UI label needing translation, and
there was a pre-release "translation freeze" in effect.  So it has
only been tested on Win32, but as it works just like several other
options I would expect no platform dependence.

I suppose applying that patch to 0.7.0 would be violating some other
release regulation; but I am going to do it for my personal builds
(both Windows and Linux) because I have little use or admiration for
exiftool.

You might want to do the same.

Regards, Tom.