On Mon 24-Nov-2008 at 17:24 +0000, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>I know I have not delved into how this stuff works as i should. Could you
>explain conventional three-point perspective ?

A building like the one in Tom's Panini has lots of parallel edges,
and generally with a rectangular building there are three different
directions at right angles to each other.

Most early perspectives are drawn with one of these 'dimensions' as
lines radiating from a single 'vanishing point' and the other two
'dimensions' parallel to the picture frame:

If you tilt the 'camera' away from parallel you get three vanishing
points (in this case two of them are outside the frame):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/3056638979/

..but I don't think this is what Tom is referring to.  Here Seb has
take a spherical panorama and deconstructed it into six one-point
perspectives:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sbprzd/2322158588

This is a very neat way of displaying a panorama and it would be
great to be able to interactively place the edges in one of these
views within hugin.

--
Bruno