Hi Dan & Max

I just finished a careful analysis of the differences between the
equiToCentralToPanini you posted earlier, and my projection of it with
Panini; and now you had to go and get it right ;-(.  I won't bother to
post my images because they are identical to your new one, up to a
linear scale factor on the Y axis.

Max's are the same, too, up to scaling on X and Y (which is also
possible in Panini).  So it seems that Recti-Perspective Projection ==
Panini Projection, and we all know how to do it right.

This is a Good Thing.

Regards, Tom

PS how did you make that 360 with the straight back walls??  With
Panini I can only go up to 309 degrees wide because my viewing
projection fov is limited to 150 degrees, which sees that much of the
inside of the circle at an eye distance of 1.07 radii.  But past 220
degrees hfov everything looks curvy, not straight.