Daniel M German wrote:

> Hi everybody, let us get our understanding of what the projection is
> supposed to do first.
>
> I am confounded by a lack of a good test case. So here is an image
> that I suggest we should use to test our "versions" of Panini.
>
> http://turingmachine.org/~dmg/temp/equirectangular.jpg

perfect symmetry, congratulations.

> Here is my version of Panini: it is 226 x 123 degrees field of view. I
> am projection from the equirectangular, to cylindrical, and then to
> stereographic.
>
> http://turingmachine.org/~dmg/temp/equiToCentralCylindricalToPanini.jpg

quite different from what I get with the lastest libpano/hugin from SVN:

http://www.photopla.net/hugin/equi2panini.jpg

230x179.9 degrees.

If I enter 226 HFOV in the stitcher panel, it returns 173.1 VFOV.

> I really like it.

I like yours better.

And I like a lot Max' Recti-Perspective.

Can you help me understand how to add projections to libpano13 -
specifically how to pass parameters such as the width/height of the
input image (in pixel) and its HFOV/VFOV? I've tried to peek around in
the code, but I still can't find the start and the end, only bits of it
(such as that what is in math.c). Needless to say that this is because I
am an analphabet and probably what I look for is just under my nose.

Yuv