Hi Yuv,

My views on the subject:
-All the modern DSLRs are very good compared to what was around only a
few years ago, let alone a decade ago. If you spend a bit of time
thinking about your choice (as it seems you are), it's hard to make a
bad one.
-A good body is not much use if you don't have good glass for it. Less
than the other way around.
-High-speed action and high-resolution HDR stitched panoramas are very
different things. It will be difficult to find a camera that is best
at both.
-Based on samples I have seen on a number of websites despite the
large pixel count the high iso performance of the 7D is very good for
a crop body (not as good as a 5DII but much better even in per-pixel
noise than my 40D). What I recall from reviews I read about the Sony
is that it is not the best full frame when it comes to noise. Probably
there is not a huge difference between the two when it comes to noise.
Definitely either of them will be a big step up from the 350D.
-Since you have good glass for the Sony system it makes sense to get
that body. It's a pretty good deal for a full frame and from your
posts I gather you appreciate the advantages of larger sensors.
-I would choose a 5DII plus a set of good Canon glass over a Sony
system if starting from scratch and on a large budget but not in the
situation you are in (as far as I have been able to judge that).

cheers, allard