On 12 Mrz., 22:31, Bruno Postle <br...@postle.net> wrote:

> How many ways of calling a plugin would there be?
>
> - Do stuff with the whole project
> - Do stuff with the selected photos
> - Do stuff with the selected control-points
> - Do stuff with the selected masks
>
> The action would be determined by the particular plugin

This would imply that the plugins have to somehow export their scope -
like, are they panorama plugins, image plugins etc.
I wonder what the best course would be here. One might keep the
plugins separate or have some sort of 'manifesto' file describing
scope, capabilities and parameters, or one might provide a mechanism
inside the plugin to tell what it is and can do.

> and its user configuration,

Could you explain more precisely what you mean by user configuration?

> the lists of selected objects would already be
> present in the project data structure that is given to the plugin.

Do you anticipate augmenting the Panorama object and it's members with
the selection information? As far as images are concerned, the
selection can already be transported with the 'active' flag, but for
CPs and Masks I don't think there is currently a data structure to
mark them as being somehow selected - but this could easily be added.
Having a way to switch masks on or off rather than having to add or
remove them might even be a nice feature for the application
altogether.

Putting more data into class Panorama, SrcPanoImage etc. would
immediately become visible in the interface, since SWIG wraps the C++
headers and all additional data would become accessible after a simple
recompile. So this course would be a convenient route, and also quite
unobtrusive - all other code could simply ignore the additional data.

Kay