Hello Bill,

On Sat, 07 Nov 2015 02:27:33 +1100, Bill Brody <awbr...@gmail.com> wrote:

I suggest a prime lens rather than any kind of zoom. They are much sharper. Many lens are sharpest at f8. Check the literature for your lens.

My choice of the Pentax 150-450 is because it's what I have.
The reports for this lens are good, particularly at about 300 and f8.
We aren't going to get another lens just for this experiment, but that maybe what is done later if it all works out OK.

Even though I use the free hugin for stitching, I use a commercial product, DXO, for preprocessing my images.

It'll be Hugin...from what I can find DxO is not available for Linux.

Thanks for your advice.

Cheers,
--
Regards,