On Monday, 26 December 2016 00:18:39 UTC, lukas wrote:

> Maybe this old bug is resurfacing?
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/enblend/+bug/721136
>
> I also still get that once in a while, but haven't mentioned it recently
> because I haven't learned anything new in the last three years.
>
> cheers, lukas

Thanks for pointing this out, lukas. I am still getting the problem so have
added a comment to the above bug report.

Part of my comment is:

> If anyone wants to explore, I have put 2 zip files in a folder on my
> DropBox (see below) - one was stitched using enblend (resulting in black
> areas) and one with the hugin inbuilt stitcher. They both contain 25 image
> files stitched into one tif. I made no changes other than stitch them with
> a different stitcher.
> The other way I have got round the black area problem has been to make a
> minor change in hugin and re-stitch using enblend. Sometimes this is
> succesful in that there are no black areas, other times I have to repeat
> the process.
> 2 zip files:
> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8z0zf64gupchgj8/AAC6Ckwwv3k6m6vy8-f6Ho7Fa?dl=0

(By the way I know the images are rather pink because of the light when I
took them - I plan to process the tif.  Based on my experiences I am
documenting my photography process
<http://mapping4ops.org/raster-map-technicalities/photographing-maps/> and my
stitching process
<http://mapping4ops.org/raster-map-technicalities/stitching-images-into-a-map/>
for future reference, and will continue to develop these documents as I
learn more.)

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hugin-ptx/6b69670d-3a7b-486b-8f96-411d0557301b%40googlegroups.com.