On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 13:35:22 -0600, Paul Gilmartin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>Can't the game install a usermod, if that's what the gamer consents
>to?  Does XP "allow" viruses?  They thrive nonetheless.

What?  A "usermod" to allow the program to reboot the system under a
different operating system, while continuing to use WinXP services (disk
access, network, DirectX for display/sound)?  That's not only silly, that's
downright absurd.

Ed: I took a look over at Alienware and didn't see options for DOS or NONE,
so I'm interested in how you got there.  I haven't seen a PC sold with DOS
for several years, but NONE can be found as an option on occasion.