We are trying to use COBDFSYM to convert COBOL copybooks to SYMPARMS input
for ICETOOL

COBDFSYM is in the dfsort tricks pdf at
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=isg3T7000094

The copybook is compiled and the output analysed by COBDFSYM to create
SYMPARMS input

With COBOL 410 input we seem to be getting fields in the listing which have
new offsets the current COBDFSYM cannot handle

eg:

    89 *-*   parse pull line
       >>>     "   LineID  PL SL
       ----+-*A-1-B--+----2----+----3----+----4----+-
ference           "
    90 *-*  end
    88 *-*  do until substr(line,2,16) = ' LineID PL SL '
       >V>    "   LineID  PL SL
----+-*A-1-B--+----2----+----3----+----4----+--
erence           "
       >L>    "2"
       >L>    "16"
       >F>    "  LineID  PL SL "
       >L>    " LineID PL SL "
       >O>    "0"
    89 *-*   parse pull line
                  "
    90 *-*  end
    88 *-*  do until substr(line,2,16) = ' LineID PL SL '
       >V>    "0  000001                 IDENTIFICATION DIVISION.
                 "
       >L>    "2"
       >L>    "16"
       >F>    "  000001        "
       >L>    " LineID PL SL "
       >O>    "0"
    89 *-*   parse pull line

I'm quite happy to plunge in and start debugging, but Id like to ask first
if there is a version adapted for 410 available already

Andy Robertson

This email is confidential and may contain copyright material of the John Lewis
Partnership.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately and delete
all copies of this message.
(Please note that it is your responsibility to scan this message for viruses).
Email to and from the
John Lewis Partnership is automatically monitored for operational and lawful
business reasons.

John Lewis plc
Registered in England 233462
Registered office 171 Victoria Street London SW1E 5NN

Websites: http://www.johnlewis.com
http://www.waitrose.com
http://www.greenbee.com
http://www.johnlewispartnership.co.uk