Howard Brazee wrote:
But if it is important to know when data are modified, having over 24
time zones has no advantage.    Mark it with a common, universal time.
The display routine can change it to local time just fine for users,
even when the users are on the opposite sides of the Earth.

We ran into that a couple of weeks ago - colleague in Australia ran a DSS dump, and when we restored it, got a warning message that the file had a bad date (restored anyway).

Gerhard Postpischil
Bradford, VT