In China, your clock is set to Beijing time.  Even if you're at the other
edge of China, 16:00 in Beijing is 16:00 where you are.

Really, I think every is so adapted to the idea of working from 8am to 5pm.
Yet it's pretty meaningless in the grand scheme of things.  The world would
be a lot simpler if everyone just set their clocks the same.  My iPhone's
world clock feature is loaded with a half-dozen other clocks.  But this
would fall under the same debate as converting the US from the Imperial
system to Metric, albeit on a global scale.

Scott