I'd vote for it. And eliminated the stinking "daylight saving time" screw-up!
Of course, at my first job, I had the print banner pages print the current date
and time in GMT like: nn month yyy hh:mm:ss with a 24 hour clock. I like to
have gotten lynched by everybody in that shop. They could not remember how to
convert. Subtracting 6 (or 5) was too difficult. Oh, and then subtracting
another 12 if the number was >12 was just obscene.

I don't like metric, personally. Too Earth-centric. I think we need to totally
divorce all time and distance to more "universal" quantities. I nominate the 21
cm hydrogen spectral line for a distance and 7E-10 seconds for time (time for
light to travel 21 cm). 1 gigatick would be .7 seconds. Then, we can join the
galactic societies! <grin>

--
John McKown
Systems Engineer IV

Administrative Services Group

HealthMarkets(r)

(817) 255-3225 phone * (817)-961-6183 cell