From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of Hal Merritt
Sent: Thursday, January 07, 2010 11:00 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: Korean bank Moves back to Mainframes (...no, not back)

Concur. It would appear that the consumer electronic financial
infrastructures are quite different outside of the US. Indeed, ours
seems pretty primitive and a lot less consumer friendly. More, they
don't seem to have quite as much of a fraud problem as we seem to have.

I think I read somewhere that they don't use 'credit cards' as we know
them in Asia. Rather, it is more of a 'smart card' strategy.

Wonder how this works without fees?