>PDSEs without a storage class are not cached in hiperspace:
>http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/TIPS0567.html?Open
>
>("Ensure that SMS-managed PDSEs are associated with storage classes that
>have appropriate MSR settings. (Note that PDSE data sets shipped as part of
>the operating system are generally not SMS-managed, so they have no
storage
>class and therefore cannot be cached).")

Well, that explains why the parm doesn't get us anything. It may also explain
why the directory cache is completely ineffective, especially as *that* is also
set to the IBM default value, which is 2GB.

What really galls me is that init&tuna reference doesn't even mention that!
And nonSMS managed PDSEs have been around a long time, too! So we are
supposed to just *know* when it's specified in IGDSMSxx, it doesn't apply to
PDSEs, only to *sms-managed* PDSEs.

Good thing it's Friday.
Barbara