>I'm not talking about VTS replication.

Then what are you talking about?
Not to be snarky, but on one hand you talk about all the problems, and on the
other when something's brought up, you immediately shoot it down.

My point, all along, is do it right or don't do it at all.

This thread has so many statements, re-statements, and retractions, that I have
lost track.

I thought the issue was tape handling, which is gone with VTS, and completely
gone with replication.

But, I don't believe your form of 'remote tape' is very viable for the true
insurance policy of a proper DR process.

I'm not trying to be argumentative -- just trying to understand your point.

-
Too busy driving to stop for gas!