We will soon be starting a migration to eliminate physical tape. We have
chosen Luminex to emulate the tape drives and DataDomain to store and
deduplicate the data (claimed data reduction of 10x to 30x). We are a
small shop and the STK silo (Powderhorn) is at end of life. We have
about 30tb of data on tape (exluding the duplexed tapes).

We have to keep data related to the airplanes we build for as long as
they are in service (>25 years...) We have no growth because the
mainframe is running legacy applications, all new development is on SAP
(Unix and Oracle).

Silvio Camplani
zSeries Sr. Analyst, Systems Support
Bombardier