YMMV!

<snip>
That would be a "no".  We now "live happily together" here again on a
VMAX.
Once upon a time in Symmetrix land we tried having both on the same box,

but the technology just didn't live up to it's billing.  We went to
seperate
boxes until March of this year, where management saw it fit to drop
license
and maintenance down to 1 box[1]*.

Just after conversion of the mainframe to the VMAX, the existing open
systems started complaining of higher I/O times.  Our cache hits were in
the
80 percentile range IIRC.  Once where open systems data had the entire
range of cache to feed, a lot would not drop out.  Then the big bad
mainframe, the black box of rebound, came in and boxed out open systems
data that was not referenced quite as often.
</snip>