Hi John,

In connection with your query about what installations may use for
documentation have you considered the mainframe's WEB Server capability?

The choices are direct HTTP Server, or the use of CICS to delivery static
content. The latter offer scope for HTML documents to be stored in either
UNIX files (HFS or ZFS) or PDSEs.

A little over 10 years ago the company I worked for needed an International
Quality accreditation, and one of the criteria was to ensure that everybody
had access to up to date documentation. At the time, using the HTTP Server
in OS/390 gave us an eminently suitable vehicle, as everybody had a WEB
browser, and we then only needed to maintain a central copy of the
documentation, accessible from our 30 people centres.

I accept that this concept crosses boundaries in respect of which department
is responsible for what, and hence may be a political non-starter.

Kind Regards - Terry

Director
KMS-IT Limited
228 Abbeydale Road South
Dore
Sheffield
S17 3LA
UK

Reg : 3767263

Outgoing e-mails have been scanned, but it is the recipients responsibility
to ensure their anti-virus software is up to date.