Allan,
This started two or so years ago. When the writer inundated the list with
information on the list. I asked him privately to slow down the volume. he did
so and indeed the volume slowed to an acceptable level(I didn't care for it but
since no one else cared so I remained silent).
The current volume and it's associated noise was in my opinion excessive. Like
I said before I was considering writing to Darren but his email address is on
another computer and I kept forgetting to write the note.
I will stand and say one announcement is fine discussion of it really belongs
on another list. I for one would never us his product  as I am of the opinion
that no software should be run on a PC or the mainframe that doesn't have a
signed contract with terms agreed upon.
It's one thing for a PC but the mainframe is whole different circumstance.
If you are OK with that fine that's your comfort level. I would suggest you
rethink it.

Ed

Sent from my iPad